It has always drawn me to classics as for this year I have restarted my The Classics Club reading goals. Thus it is with utmost pleasure, I will join “The 2019 Chapter-a-Day Read-Along”
How to Participate in the 2019 Chapter-a-Day Read-along
- Get a copy of each of the four books listed below.
- If you have your own blog, write a welcome post explaining why you are joining the read-along and what you hope to gain from it. Leave a link to your post in the comments section at the end of this post (One Catholic Life). If you don’t have a blog, you can leave your information in the comments section below as well.
- Download the daily schedule: Nick’s Chapter a Day Reading Schedule 2019
- Commit to reading a chapter a day. If you get behind or race ahead, no worries. Life happens.
- If you feel like it, post a line a day from the current chapter on social media, using the hashtags listed below. I’ll be posting to Twitter and Facebook each day and I would love to read your thoughts, too. When you post, I would ask that you please respect the reading experience of those who may not know the full story. In other words, no spoilers!
- You will find official 2019 read-along graphics at the bottom of this post. Feel free to use them on your website if you wish.
- And be sure to subscribe to this blog to receive any read-along updates.
The goal of these chapter-a-day read-alongs is to encourage people to read books they might not otherwise read because of their length or age. With that in mind, I chose four classic novels that I think you’re really going to enjoy. Two of the novels are favourites of mine, and two of them are books I haven’t yet read by authors I like.
So, without further ado, here’s what’s on tap for 2019:
- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes. #quixotereadalong
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. #montecristoreadalong (Which I am excited for)
- Lilith by George MacDonald. #lilithreadalong
- The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens. #curiosityshopreadalong
The 2019 Chapter-a-Day Reading Schedule
Here is the broad outline of the year:
- Don Quixote: January 1 to May 8 (126 chapters plus 2 prologues = 128 days)
- The Count of Monte Cristo: May 9 to September 2 (117 chapters = 117 days)
- Lilith: September 3 to October 19 (47 chapters = 47 days)
- The Old Curiosity Shop: October 20 to December 31 (73 chapters = 73 days)
So, 128+117+47+73 = 365 days. You can download a pdf of the entire year’s schedule in detail here: Nick’s Chapter a Day Reading Schedule 2019.
To join this read-along, please visit One Catholic Life