Behind the Pages, a simple application to the Bloggers, Bookstagram superstars, Artists, and Aspiring authors around the world, whom in need of applause for their outstanding efforts. We will have interviews to concentrate on their works within 17 questions or more. Note: This feature started over Seraphina Reads before Google shut it down.
Today I would love you to welcome one of my favourite Bookstagramers, she is a fellow Egyptian; here are her wonderful answerers to, hopefully, my not so redundant interview questions.
- It is really great to have you as a guest on Glacier Mellow, can you please tell us a little about yourself?
– I am Noha from @deuxbleusbooks. I am 22 years old. I study Architecture. I love cats and coffee.
- You are an avid reader and an awesome bookworm, still, can you tell me the story behind your bookstagram/blog? And What pulled you to start a bookstagram blog?
– Well, I’ve been following a couple of bookstagrammers from my private account and I took the inspiration to start it from @shetellsastory , previously @thebookishword .
– Starting a bookstagram was a distraction from day-to-day stresses and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done.
- To the book’s questions, how did you become a bookworm who or got you into reading?
– I have been reading since I was 11 years old. The first book I’ve ever read was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I loved reading ever since.
- We all have favourite lists, so who are your favourite authors?
– Marie Lu, Leigh Bardugo, Agatha Christie, Victoria Schwab and Sabaa Tahir.
- Which book – series or stand-alone – you will never ever read?
– Shatter me, it has too much romance for my taste.
- Which do you prefer hard copies or electronic copies?
– HARD COPIES ALL THE WAY! I can never read from any laptop or mobile phone.
- What is the first book that made you cry?
– A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness, I read it 3 times, and I cried EVER time.
- If you could bring 3 fictional characters to life, who are they?
–Kell Maresh from A Darker Shade of Magic, Nikolai Lantsov from the Grishaverse and Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows.
- In your opinion, who is the most annoying fictional character of all times?
-Thora from Ash Princess. Her narration was the WORSE!
- If you could have dinner with 3 authors – dead or alive -, who would they be?
–Agatha Christie, Jane Austen, and Sabaa Tahir.
- If you could tell your younger reader self-anything, what will it be?
– I’ll tell myself to not grow up and enjoy what childhood has to give.
- What are your favourite literary journals, blogs, and Bookstagram?
-@shetellsastory, @abibliophileobsession, @yarabookstardust, @abookwormworld , @almariamreads, @thedarklingone on Instagram.
- What other bookstagramers/bloggers are you a friend with, and how do they help you become a better book blogger?
-@abookwormworld He is always supportive of all the ideas and crazy thoughts I get and want to try. We now host together with a weekly readathon on Friday (#deuxworldreadathon) and we have a book club dedicated to fantasy (#deuxworldbookclub)
- Can you please share with us the posts or photos you consider as your bookish pride and glory?
- Have you ever considered writing your book? If so, can we know a little about it?
– I never thought about becoming an author, it’s really not my thing, but I enjoy writing articles and reviews on my blog.
- We would not want to appear as book dragons only, but do you have other hobbies than collecting all the books you love and telling the world about it?
– I am a notebook hoarder as well, I love sketching and adopting cats.
- In the end, I hope that this was not silly or annoying for asking you crazy questions. I loved having you here.
– I enjoyed it so much as well. Thank you for the experience and the chance to share my love of books with the world.
For more of Noha’s wonderful bookish times and adventures, please follow her at deuxbleusbooks.