Seems that I will be joining a challenge after another to fulfill my 100 books to be read in 2020. The 2020 Swords & Stars Reading Challenge is hosted byMs Noseina Book.
Note: The following are the rules quote directly of landing page for the 2020 Swords & Stars Reading Challenge.
The purpose of this challenge is to celebrate the Science Fiction and Fantasy genres. This challenge runs from January 1st to December 31st (midnight). The rules are as follows:
- The goal of this challenge is to read one book that matches up with each one of the challenges.
- You must create a sign-up blog post/video/bookstagram post and link it back to this page.
- If you do not have a blog, you can link up a Goodreads shelf of the books you completed/reviewed.
- You can sign up anytime up to December 31st.
- Books count as long as they are read in 2020. This can be any format (print, audiobook, etc) and any page length other than specified in the challenges.
- Whatever Goodreads counts, will count in this challenge this includes graphic novels and novellas.
- Please use #SwordsnStars for Social Media Updates and be sure to link up your sign-up posts & wrap-ups.
The challenge is to read:
– Read a book from the sub-genre: New Weird. I am not a fan of the sub-gnre, but it will be a hard pass.
– Read a book with time travel or time in the title of it: The Storm Begins (History Keepers #1) by Damian Dibben
– Read a book with stars on the cover or in the title.
– Read a book whose author is new to you.
– Read an SFF novella
– Read a book with magic in it.
– Read a book with a spaceship on the cover.
– Read a book over 500 pages.
– Read a sci fi book written by a female author.
– Read a book that takes place in space, on a ship or on a different planet.
– Read a book with dragons in it.
– Read a book based on or from a fantasy or science fiction game. (e.g. Halo, Diablo etc.)
– Read a militaristic sci fi book or a portal fantasy.
– Read a Sci Fantasy.
– Read a Grimdark or Urban fantasy.
– Read a sci fi classic.
– Read a fantasy classic: The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien
– Read a book recommended or blurbed by another SFF author.
– Read an SFF new release.
–Graphic novels: Lucifer Vol. 1 and Constantine Vol. 1
The list is still under contraction–more to be added.